We bring you a special report on the prestigious North India Travel Awards
- It recognised and celebrated the achievements of those behind the success of the travel and tourism industry in North India.
- The Award Ceremony was held in Crowne Plaza Greater Noida and provides regional recognition for the Industry. Over 56 awards were given to distinguished personalities at a glittering awards ceremony.
- Over five lakh votes were cast by industry members for these awards. Votes poured in from corners of the country and from across the globe. Sardar Sohan Singh Thandal, Punjab’s Tourism Minister was the chief guest and India’s new Tourism Secretary, Dr. Lalit Panwar was the guest of hounour.
- The awards were presented to achievers from different segments of the industry including travel agents, tour operators, hotels, airlines and tourism boards
- Four industry leaders were felicitated with special awards, this included, Gallery of Legends awarded to Dr. Jyotsna Suri, DDP TrailBlazer is Dr. Subhash Goyal, Ajay Bakaya was felicitated as the DDP Game changer and Face of the future recognition was given to Ankush Nijhawan.
- A coffee table book highlighting Northern Heritage was unveiled on the occasion.
The Awards were given to:
- Entrepreneur of the Year – Meenu Sachdeva
- Outstanding Contribution to CSR-Kuoni India
- Most Innovative Hospitality Marketing Campaign-Accor Hotels
- Most Popular General Manager-Greesh Bindra
- Mentoring Hotels into Renowned Brands-Sunil Ghadiok
- Best Hotel Middle East-J W Marriott, Deira, Dubai
- Best European Airline-Lufthansa